- 1 Late History: Irdya Before the Fall
- 1.1 1066 YW
- 1.2 1067 YW
- 1.3 1072 YW
- 1.4 1081-1093 YW: The First Empire of Wesnoth
- 1.5 1091-1157 YW: Delvhar Dynasty
- 1.6 1171-1597 YW: The Second Empire of Wesnoth
- 1.7 The Second Sun
- 1.8 1799 YW: The Fall
Late History: Irdya Before the Fall
Around 1046 YW, many events which would later lead to the consolidation of Wesnoth as the dominant Empire on the Great Continent take place. An improbable hero is born, an artifact of the past is captured and subsequently recovered, and Wesnoth expands for a last time before its definitive end at the dawn of the Golden Age of Irdya.
- Elynia-Thanadria, daughter of Delanith-Isáwen and an unknown wayfarer, is born in Lintanir Forest.
- Civil war in Lintanir Forest.
- The Enchantress Niryone from Wesmere finds and adopts Elynia.
- Niryone takes Elynia as her apprentice, training her in the ways of elvish magic and simple hand-to-hand combat.
1081-1093 YW: The First Empire of Wesnoth
- The dark sorcerer Mizenwyn incites a revolt resulting in civil war in Wesnoth. He shortly thereafter seizes the Sceptre of Fire and the kingdom's throne.
- Mizenwyn declares himself Supreme Leader of the First Empire of Wesnoth.
- The High Council of Archmagi is abolished; all members who can be found are executed on charges of treason to the Empire.
- Mizenwyn annexes new lands to Wesnoth by conquest and forces the Northern Alliance to relinquish control of their lands south of the Heart Mountains. Elensefar is reconquered by Wesnoth.
- The elvish communities in Wesmere, Lintanir, and Aethenwood declare neutrality towards Wesnoth.
- Civilizations not under the Empire's control devise a plan to distract the military, infiltrate Weldyn and put an end to Mizenwyn and the Empire of Wesnoth.
- The Ka'lian chooses Niryone and her disciple, Elynia, to lead the infiltration.
- The relentless skirmishes on the frontiers catch Mizenwyn's attention while Niryone's group infilitrates the Empire, and eventually Weldyn itself.
- Niryone and Elynia confront Mizenwyn in the capital.
- Niryone is mortally wounded during the fight. Elynia steals the Sceptre of Fire from the sorcerer's hands, and manages to use its power to destroy him.
- The First Empire of Wesnoth is dissolved, and the victors choose a new king and line to govern Wesnoth: the Delvhar dinasty.
- The Council of War orders that the Sceptre of Fire must be disassembled, and its core, destroyed. Elynia volunteers to drive this mission to completion.
- Runecrafters of Knalga disassemble the Sceptre.
- Elynia betrays the Council of War, bribing the dwarves for embedding the Ruby of Fire into Niryone's staff. To ensure nobody finds out, she casts an amnesia spell on the crafters.
- Elynia informs the Council of War of the "success" of her mission, claiming to have disposed of the Ruby in the underground lava streams found in the deepest reaches of Knalga. The Council trusts her words.
1091-1157 YW: Delvhar Dynasty
- Delvhar I becomes King of Wesnoth.
- The Council of War is dissolved.
- Orcish civil war ensues among the tribes near Glamdrol.
- A Great Chief arises amongst the orcs.
- Orcs attack the fortress of Erzen - a battle ensues.
- Brothers Gwiti and Nati Ha'atel use their magic skills to raise former enemies and deceased allies for help on the battle-field. The result is catastrophic for their side, and the battle is lost.
- Gwiti and Nati are banished from the continent. The Dark Hordes I begins.
- Gwiti Ha'atel takes over the Tower of Kaleon searching for the Tome of Crelanu.
- Gwiti Ha'atel finds Crelanu's book.
- Gwiti Ha'atel withdraws to the mountains, fleeing from Lord Aretu's army. The Dark Hordes I ends.
- Gwiti Ha'atel launches a surprise attack on Wesnoth. The headquarters of the Council of Archmagi are completely destroyed and everyone inside is slain.
- Elynia is called upon by the remaining members of the Council of Archmagi to pursue and defeat the necromancer.
- Elynia confronts the necromancer but she is fatally injured. Gwiti leaves the battlefield assuming her dead.
- Argan, an outsider of unknown origins with an advanced knowledge of dark magic, finds Elynia and saves her from certain death.
- Elynia finds Gwiti Ha'atel again in the Estmarks, and takes on him for the second and last time.
- Elynia uses the power of Light for the first time to win the battle, and defeat Gwiti, who casts a curse upon her with his final words. Eye-witnesses would spread the word about the events of that day, referring to the elf as the "Lady of Light".
- Delvhar I dies after an extremely long reign.
- Delvhar II assumes the throne.
- Delvhar II dies under strange circumstances.
- Wesnoth plunges into anarchy, and the kingdom fragments into three main territories: the State of Weldyn, Eastern Ervalia and Aethenoth.
- Elynia assists Prestim against a necromancer, Mal Arkal-Thil. The feat earns her the title of the "Source of Light" by the orcs.
- Elynia is contacted by a mysterious seer who instructs her to seek a gifted warrior named Vikren, in Parthyn
- Elynia contacts Vikren and persuades him to incite revolution.
- Revolution begins in the State of Weldyn.
- Elynia meets Argan again.
- Argan secretly marries Elynia to avoid any potential conflicts within the Ka'lian, as she knows that her influence on them can still be useful.
- During this time, Vikren gathers the power to walk onto Weldyn and take over the capital by force, vanquishing the separatists.
- Vikren I declares himself Supreme Leader of the Second Empire of Wesnoth on 1171 YW.
1171-1597 YW: The Second Empire of Wesnoth
- Vikren I proclaims Elynia as his most trusted advisor.
- Eastern Ervalia joins the Empire.
- Aethenoth joins the Empire.
- Several northern earldoms join the Empire during the next years.
- Elensefar joins the Empire.
The Second Sun
- Vikren VIII assumes the throne.
- An ancient Lich by the name of Mal Keshar terrorizes Northern Alliance territory.
- Elynia is sent by Emperor Vikren VIII to destroy Mal Keshar.
- Unable to locate the lich, Elynia abandons her mission.
- Vikren VIII secretly decrees the creation of Naia, an artificial sun to serve as Irdya's second sun. He gives specific orders to conceal the matter from Elynia.
- Naia is created and sent to the skies by the High Council of Archmagi.
- Ambassadors are sent everywhere in the known world after the fact, to reassure all that the intentions behind the creation of the new sun are benign.
- Enraged, Elynia resigns from her position as advisor to the Empire.
- A long period of unprecedented prosperity, peace and self-confidence follows.
- Vikren XII dies.
- Vikren XIII assumes the throne.
- Mystics of Wesmere open a portal to a different world, and meet Zhangor, an elvish sorcerer who presents himself as a seer. Zhangor foretells to them the catastrophe looming over Wesnoth, and demands to be treated as a god in exchange of protection for Wesmere.
- Death of Vikren XIII.
- As there is no rightful heir, a nobleman, Dantair, is named Emperor by the Council of Archmagi.
1799 YW: The Fall
1799 YW (start)
- Wesmere's trade and political connections to the outer world are cut off.
- Dantair of Wesnoth demands the immediate creation of Gaia, the third sun.
1799 YW (middle)
- The magi's attempt to lift the third sun fails, causing the third sun to fall and crash into the Great Continent at some distance from Weldyn.
- A massive cataclysm ensues, devastating the entirety of Irdya. All shorelines are completely reshaped, large volcanic eruptions occur, and aftershocks in the form of great earthquakes continue to occur over the course of years. Buildings are completely or partially destroyed by the natural disasters. The Old Continent begins to sink.
- Dantair of Wesnoth is brutally murdered by panicked citizens.
- Social order falls apart in all civilizations of Irdya.
- Pollution and debris from the fallen sun and volcanic activity cause cyclic periods of absolute darkness over the whole world, making it impossible to keep accurate track of time using astronomical means for over two centuries. Poisonous air decimates a large part of the surviving population and vegetation. The increased temperatures result in massive floods all over the land.
- Races fight each other and among themselves for the scarce basic resources left by the disasters.
Approximately 100 years after the Fall
- Most forests have dried up and can no longer sustain the Elvish civilization. Elves from the forests of the Great Continent abandon their homes and seek refuge in Wesmere, reported to remain mysteriously intact.
- Elynia and Argan lead the elves out of Lintanir Forest.
- Elves seeking shelter in Wesmere are ambushed, and killed or sacrificed to Zhangor.
- The War of Wesmere begins. After a year, the elves from Aethenwood and Lintanir manage to force the Wesmere locals to retreat into the capital. Eventually, Elynia and Argan succeed in their efforts to lead an invasion to confront and take down Zhangor himself.
- Zhangor reveals his true appearance and identity as a Demon Lord hailing from Inferno.
- Elynia and Argan combine their powers of Light and Darkness to summon the Union for the first time.
- Zhangor is vanquished, and the remains of his body banished from Irdya. Wesmere Forest is almost completely destroyed in the process, causing high casualties on both bands.
- The Ka'lian is deemed an instrument of Zhangor's corruption and abolished; its members are executed. Warriors and priests previously loyal to the Demon Lord meet the same fate, except for the priestess Anlindë, who is spared by Lord Telchior of Thelien.
- Differences with respect to the events in Wesmere result in two major groups parting ways.
- Lord Quetor'el of Aethenwood leads his people south.
- Lord Telchior of Thelien leads his people east following Anlindë's instructions.
- Elynia and Argan enter and descend into the Heart Mountains with a small group of followers.
- Argan is trapped underground. After a long time trying to locate him through various means, Elynia abandons any hope of finding him, and enters a form of magical stasis.
Approximately 115 years after the Fall
- Lord Quetor'el dies.
Approximately 120 years after the Fall
- Telchior's band settles in a newly found valley at some distance northeast from Lintanir. They name it the Valley of Elynia.
Centuries after the Fall
- Quetor'el's band adapts to life on the desert. Over time, the lore of their ancestors begins to be forgotten. Numerous disastrous battles with the barbarians result in the deaths of many of their druids, and old tablets and scrolls are lost, damaged, ciphered, or written in languages no-one understands anymore. A large amount of the ancient knowledge relearned by younger generations is either inaccurate or false. Focused on survival instead of nature and the research of magic, the desert elves gradually lose connection with the faerie realm.
- Various elvish settlements are established in the Great Southern Desert, and in time, lost to invaders. The settlement of the Quenoth elves is ultimately the last to fall.