Difference between revisions of "Wesnoth UMC Dev Setup HowTo"
Revision as of 20:33, 30 May 2008
This is a Setup Guide for the Coordinated User-made Content Development Project.
Here you will find step by step instructions on how to setup your system to collaborate with other players through SVN as well as various tips on how to use it.
- Create an account in Sourceforge if you don't already have one.
- Install Subversion. (on Debian and variants: sudo apt-get install subversion)
- Install an ssh client if you don't have one already (i.e. openssh-client)
- Package your campaign into a compressed file and mail it over to Shadow Master
- Connect to the irc channel #wesnoth-umc-dev @ irc.freenode.net and wait until you're informed that your campaign has been uploaded and prepared
- Once the OK is given, go to your Sourceforge account's SSH key page
- If you don't have an ssh key, follow the instructions here to to create one.
- Open your public key file (probably under you .ssh directory) and copy paste the contents into the "Authorised Keys" textbox in the Sourceforge page. Save.
- Under your Sourceforge account page you should now see that you have 1 key shared.
- Once your campaign has been prepared, go to a directory of your choice (Suggestion: Create a new directory in your home directory with an appropriate name like svn or dev)
- Checkout your first version by running this command
svn co https://wesnoth-umc-dev.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wesnoth-umc-dev/branches/1.4/[YOUR CAMPAIGN NAME]
- replacing of course [YOUR CAMPAIGN NAME] with your own campaign's directory name.
- (Don't forget to change 1.4 to the version of Wesnoth your campaign is for)
- You are now ready to contribute. Start by reading the SVN book (Chapter 2 is the initial you need although 1 and 3 should be read eventually)
Some basic commands to get jumpstarted with SVN
- svn status: Check which files are different from your previous checkout from the server
- svn commit: Upload your changes to the server. When you try to commit, you will be asked for an password. If your current PC's username is the same as your sourceforge account, just put your sourceforge password. Otherwise, press enter once to insert your username as well.
Put info about the IRC bots of the channel here