Difference between revisions of "TerrainWML"
From The Battle for Wesnoth Wiki
(prelim discussion of symbol_image key)
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
Revision as of 11:29, 20 January 2006
the toplevel [terrain] tag
the [terrain] tag describes a terrain in WML. Terrains are usually described in the terrain.cfg file
the [terrain] tag has the following keys and subtags
- image an image used for this terrain in the map editor
- symbol_image appears to work the same as image - clarification is needed
- adjacent_image a prefix for adjacent terrain images. they will be postfixed with the orientation of the border to give the image name that will be used for the border terrain
- name the name of the terrain
- char the character used to represent this terrain in maps and scenarios
- aliasof characters representing terrains that this terrain will be an alias of. (i.e. Units' defense and movement on this terrain is equal to their best defense/movement on one of these aliases.) (All terrains are aliases of themselves.)
- unit_height_adjust how much the unit graphic should be moved up or down when on that terrain
- submerge float, between 0 and 1: stems how much of the unit graphic should be submerged by the terrain
- no_overlay whether this terrain should be overwritten by other terrain's borders; 'no_overlay=true' terrains are not overwritten.
- light if set to true the text on it will be written in a dark color instead of a light one. This is useful when the terrain is either very light or very clear (like snow).
- heals if set to true a unit on that terrain will be healed at the start of every turn
- gives_income if set to true, this terrain will give income every turn when flagged as if it were a village
- recruit_onto if set to true, it is possible to recruit or recall on that terrain
- recruit_from if set to true it is possible to recruit when a unit that can recruit is on that terrain