- 1 Foreword
- 2 MP related features
- 3 WML related features
- 4 Improvements to FormulaAI
- 5 GUI related features
- 6 Python thingies
- 7 Miscellaneous
- 8 Bugs
- 9 See Also
This page is here to document easy to do coding tasks. It is not here to double the feature request database, and should only be filled by people that know the code well enough to judge the difficulty of a given task.
If you are such a person, you should feel free to edit this page.
If you're not, you should post a feature request and discuss your idea on the forum or IRC. A coder with better knowledge of the code might give you the green light to add your feature here.
Anybody should feel free to add "clues" to any tasks, that is entry points, traps to avoid, person to contact to discuss and so on.
If you plan to work on a feature, write your name at the bottom of the feature, with the date. Note that if you are too long at working on a feature I'll "free" it back (that is if you're not working on it. If you have problems implementing it, just tell us....)
--Boucman 20:48, 3 October 2006 (CEST)
Since bugs are sometimes a good opportunity to get a first idea of the code, i will add some here that are easy to fix as soon as i stumble upon them (the one i had in mind is fixed already ;-).
--Yogi Bear, 28 February 2008
Add TTL to wesnothd bans
As per FR #3638 
Use different font for in-game chat
Since commas and dots are apparently hard to tell apart. As per FR #7470 
Allow lists for /ignore and similar
As per FR #7492 
WML configurable village income / upkeep
Preferably as a [scenario], [side] or [campaign] keys. As per FR #6301 
Add support of [if] for [scenario]
As per FR #4539 
Make [have_unit] optionaly use full SUF
[have_unit] by default uses SUF but does not apply it to recall list. Introduce an optional key that will allow to lift that limitation.
Enabling checking of damage dealt in WML
A WML variable should be set when triggering some combat-related events, allowing WML to know the amount of damage being dealt. (FR #7673)
Support for leaderless multiplayergames
Add support for the WML key victory_when_enemies_defeated= in the scenario tag during multiplayergames. (FR #8106)
See FutureWML; some ideas there are easier than others.
Improvements to FormulaAI
Add new formula functions, or minor improvements to the formula language. Make it easier to debug the formula language.
Change map paths from dots to dashes
Or even better allow dashes and allow choice between the two. As per FR #5522 
Note at the moment Mordante is working on a new GUI system, these changes will probably affect the way these items need to be implemented. Contact Mordante on IRC before starting to work on these.
--SkeletonCrew 14:04, 9 March 2008 (EDT)
- show number of owned villages/total villages (FR: #3135) (--alink done but must update help, doc, tooltip...)
- allow custom themes to display values of WML variables (FR #6209)
- hide the hourglass item from the statusbar when there is no timer
- show side number, name and team association information in the status table
- make games sortable in the lobby (open slots, total number of players, era, XP modifier, gold per village, fog/shroud)
- input history (chat, commands, ..) - note: rujasu is working on this feature
- AI API function to check if a location is outside the map (http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20817)
- AI API function to get gold settings (https://gna.org/bugs/?11136)
More powerful village naming
Adding mountain names and other features to village names, having a second random name in village names
Currently the village naming engine has a very good structure that could allow more powerfull names to be generated. Understanding how it works should be quite easy, and a few usefull improvements could be added.
- Currently villages can use lake names and river names, this should be extended to other features like bridges, swamps, mountains etc...
- It would be nice to have a separate list of "first sylabus" and "last sylabus" for naming. That's not really needed in english, but some translations could use it
- Again, it is common to have villages with more than one "random" word in them. having a $name2 variable would be nice
- New debug command functionality (setting additional status.variables, possibly terrain)
Add minimal regexp to friend list
Lots of people use multiple nicks, usually postfixed with a number... it would be nice to have minimal regexp support in friend list to easily get who's there...