The wiki has proven to be a very useful tool to develop the game and the community around it. However, with ~400 pages and many users contributing, we have probably surpassed the limits of our current wiki engine: Tinywiki. That is why we are looking for a replacement.
We want a wiki that...
- Is easy to use. We want to encourage players to improve the wiki, it is not only for developers.
- Prevents vandalism. Most probably with user athentication.
- Has categorization. Even if it is very simple, we need some kind of categorization or sub-sections.
Wiki engines tested so far
I tend to forget the reasons why I like/hate some wikis. I'll try to describe the most important features/problems of each wiki engine here.
- No user registration
- Incomplete user registration (it is not even possible to change/reset the password)
- This one is good, especially, the global blacklisting system. Anything matching one of the regexps on a (hourly
- Mediawiki 1.4 (released a few days ago) seems to be faster then the previous version I tried.
We are in the first stages of the real migration. Please, check http://wesnoth.org/wiki/Main_Page for the latest news and more information. And let us know if there is any problem.