More than 400 pages and many users contributing, we have surpassed the limits of our original wiki engine: Tinywiki. This page documents the thinking behind our choice of replacement.
We need a wiki that...
- Is easy to use. We want to encourage players to improve the wiki, it is not only for developers.
- Prevents vandalism. Most probably with user authentication.
- Has categorization. Even if it is very simple, we need some kind of categorization or sub-sections.
Wiki engines tested so far
Here are some important features/problems of various wiki engines:
- No user registration
- Incomplete user registration (it is not even possible to change/reset the password)
- This is what we moved to after TinyWiki