There are many ways to get help. From online documentation to support from the community on IRC or forums.
- Online Players Guide - Game manual, walkthroughs, strategy guides, and more.
- Content-Creation Guide - Manual showing how to create new campaigns for Wesnoth.
- Starting Points - List of pages to serve as starting point for diving deeply into the wiki...
- Multiplayer Information - Info about server moderators, useful MP commands, and our online Code of Conduct.
- Russian Wesnoth Wiki
If you are experiencing problems, you should consider reporting a bug.
Before asking for help with some technical problem in the official forums, please read How to report a bug properly for instructions and pointers.
- Official Wesnoth forums
- Wesnoth Acronyms - forum lingo
- Chinese wesnoth forums
- Wesnoth Italian Forums (W.I.F)
- Russian Wesnoth Forums
All of the following channels are hosted at the freenode IRC network unless otherwise noted. If you don't have an IRC client installed on your machine or are behind a strict firewall that blocks freenode's supported ports, you can use a compatible Web gateway service such as webchat.freenode.net.
- #wesnoth: This channel is for general conversation amongst Wesnoth players and developers.
- #wesnoth-dev: The development discussion channel. Most contributors and developers (WML, C++ and art people alike) hang around here, exchanging ideas and code patches.
- #wesnoth-mp: The multiplayer servers' status and development discussion channel.
- #wesnoth-ang (Old English channel)
- #wesnoth-de (German channel): The German look-alike of #wesnoth, mainly used by German-speaking players and translators.
- #wesnoth-es (Spanish channel)
- #wesnoth-fi (Finnish channel)
- #wesnoth-gl (Galician channel)
- #wesnoth-la (Latin channel)
- #wesnoth-pl (Polish channel): As above, but Polish.
- #wesnoth.cn (Chinese Channel)
- #wesnoth (Dutch channel) at the irc.tweakers.net network
- #WIF (Italian channel) at the irc.syrolnet.org network
- #wesnoth-ja (Japanese channel/日本語チャンネル)
You can also see the logs of some official Wesnoth channels.
- wesnoth-dev (archives): the mailing list for discussing mainline development issues; it is not intended for bug reports or feature requests. See ReportingBugs for those.
- wesnoth-commits (archives): all commits made to the mainline source repository are automatically echoed in this list for those who want or need to keep track of them. This list is currently unused.
- wesnoth-i18n (archives): the internationalization (i18n) mailing list; all translation team maintainers and the i18n managers should subscribe and keep track of announcements and discussions taking place in this list.