This page is meant to somehow coordinate the small Wesconf taking place at FOSDEM 2009. That is everyone attending should please list him/herself in the list of arrivals and stuff like this. FOSDEM 2009 will take place at the first weekend in Febuary 2009, on Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th.
|Ivanovic & Dragonking||6, late afternoon||8, evening||2go4 (booked and confirmed)|
|Mordante||6, afternoon (not sure yet)||8, evening||2go4 (booked and confirmed)|
|cib||6, probably evening||8, evening||2go4 (booked and confirmed)|
|AI||6||8, evening||2go4 (booked and confirmed)|
|Ilor||6, afternoon||9, morning||2go4 (booked and confirmed)|
|Yogi||6, noon||8, evening||hotel brussels (booked and confirmed)|
For accomodations please keep in mind that parking in the center of Brussels is really problematic. It might make sense to drive to the University where FOSDEM takes place, park there and take the bus into the town center (where some of the hotels/hostels are).
As of 30.12.2008 Bruegel YH is already booked out on the night from Saturday 7th to Sunday 8th. Sadly CHAB is already booked out, too. So at least six of us will be staying at 2go4. That is: groups bigger 6 are not allowed, so we will not form a complete Wesnoth group at the hostel, got to meet somewhere in town/at the university...
On the official FOSDEM page some possible hotels/hostels are listed.
- Bruegel YH
- Brussels Central (Train Station) → Bruegel YH
- Bruegel YH → Brussels Central (Train Station) → Novotel Grand Place
- Novotel Grand Place
- CrownePlaza (Europa)
- Novotel Grand Place -> FOSDEM
Information about how to reach the FOSDEM is listed at the official transportation subpage.
Short version of how to get there for those that reside in Bruegel YH and Novotel Grand Place:
- Enter Bus 71 (Debrouckere - Central Station ("Gare Centrale") - Delta) somewhere at 'Central Station'
- Leave the bus at "ULB" (crossroads Ave. Adolphe Buyl - Sq. Deveze)
- Walk down Ave. Paul Heger on your right hand.
Wesnoth Hacking Room
Wesnoth will not have a room of its own. Instead we will use one of the "general hacking rooms". So far it is not sure which room it will be, if we do it like last year, it will be room number 115 in the building AW1. Last year this was the smaller of the two hacking rooms and we had no real problem with conquering (and holding) the first row in this room. There were not too many power outlets, so this year at least Ivanovic will bring one multi-outlet power strip plus some extension cable (5m or so). There is no wired network, everything wireless (and sometimes rather unstable!). Beside this you should bring laptops since there are no desktop machines available for hacking.
AW1 - Room 115
We usually discuss all sorts of things at FOSDEM, this section is here to have a small bullet list of things that we actively want to discuss at FOSDEM.
- GSOC 2009: finding mentors, organizing the submission etc..
- FOSDEM 2010 : trying to get a dev room with other games ?
- 1.7 : refactoring guideline to reduce dependencies (order and timing of refactorings)
- 1.7 : WML: how to capsule WML processing best, do general WML interfaces make sense?
We were already at FOSDEM 2008, here something as reference: