Welcome to the Battle for Wesnoth downloads page. The BfW project team officially releases the source code and builds for Windows, OS X, OpenPandora, and various Linux distributions. Torrents are unofficial.
If the latest binaries are not currently available for your OS, please check back in a few days to see if they have been placed here. Packagers have been informed of the release, please be patient. In the meantime, read the FAQ.
Wesnoth is also available for OS X from Homebrew and Macports. Macports carries only the stable version. Homebrew carries stable release, development release, and can also build the "bleeding edge" master branch.
Stable (1.12 branch)
The stable files are meant to be used as a stable and rather balanced version of the game. Each version of the 1.12 branch is compatible to each other.
- Compiling Guide - How to compile the source code
- Current Version (1.12.0, 385.4 MB)
- MD5 sum for current source code
- Previous Version (1.11.19, 385.2 MB)
Apple OS X (10.5+)
- There are binaries for many different GNU/Linux distributions. Not all are always up to date with the current release. Please have a look at the Linux binary page for more information about the binaries for your distribution.
Main article: Wesnoth:Copyrights
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
This is available with Wesnoth 1.9.x and greater (including Wesnoth 1.12.x). Details and installation steps can be found at: http://eclipse.wesnoth.org