Welcome to the Battle for Wesnoth downloads page. The BfW project team officially releases the source code and builds for Windows, macOS, and various Linux distributions.
If the latest binaries are not currently available for your OS, please check back in a few days to see if they have been placed here. Packagers have been informed of the release, please be patient. In the meantime, read the FAQ.
Wesnoth is also available for OS X from Homebrew and Macports. Macports carries only the stable version. Homebrew carries stable releases, development releases, and can also build the "bleeding edge" master branch from the Git repository.
Stable (1.14 branch)
1.14.x is the current stable branch. These releases are recommended for most players, as they provide a well-tested and balanced game experience with only occasional bug-fix updates. Each version of this branch is compatible with each other. The online player community for it is also the largest and the add-ons server has a vast selection of content.
- Compiling Guide - How to compile the source code
- 1.14.7 — Current Version (452.7 MB)
- 1.14.6 — Previous Version (451.8 MB)
Windows (7 and later)
- 1.14.7 — Current Version (408.2 MB)
- 1.14.6 — Previous Version (408.3 MB)
macOS (10.8 and later)
- 1.14.7 — Current Version (466.0)
- 1.14.6 — Previous Version (465.2)
- There are binaries for many different GNU/Linux distributions. Not all are always up to date with the current release. Please have a look at the Linux binary page for more information about the binaries for your distribution.
Main article: Wesnoth:Copyrights
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2, as published by the Free Software Foundation, or at your option, any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
Some assets included with the game are provided under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 license.
This is available with Wesnoth 1.9.x and greater. Details and installation steps can be found at: http://eclipse.wesnoth.org