What this page is about
It looks like Wesnoth is a major reason that several Linux projects are improving only slowly. We sincerely apologize to all the developers on Debian and elsewhere out there who have ceased being productive because our game has eaten their brains. Here is the dreadful proof...
Wesnoth appears in several blogs
- If you want to stay productive don't ever run the following command:
sudo apt-get install wesnoth
Is "Kills all my time" a good reason for a RC-Bug? I mean, if you install it, you can hardly stop playing, therefore it renders all other installed software useless. I think wesnoth should be removed ASAP from the archive...
found in the blog of Alexander Tolimar Schmehl
- Battle for Wesnoth seems to become a real threat for the Debian project. More and more Debian developers get sucked into the world of elves, dwaves, orcs, zombies and mages — and only few return...
found in this blog
- Do not under any circumstances apt-get install wesnoth! It’s quite addictive and very good. Currently worried about getting anything done for the next… errrr… year? It’s been ages since I’ve really gotten into a game. I think this may actually be one I’ll get pretty into. Rock on Wesnoth developers!
found in this blog
- Best free and open source game I've played, easy to play but harder to master, but it's fun anyway. You'll soon find out wasting too much time playing this game...especially when you play it with your friend!
found in this blog (in Bahasa Indonesia)
Players comment about Wesnoth
- Stable, beautiful (graphics, sounds and music), neither too easy nor too hard, cool story and characters, usable interface, great tutorial... This is one of the best games I've ever played.
A comment at The Linux Game Tome submitted by blop
- Wow, this game is amazing! I wish I'd gotten it earlier !! It has a really professional look and feel.
A comment at The Linux Game Tome submitted by bigfatdude
- found the game in the net: played it for hours (and still playing it). showed it to my kids: they still play and always want the newest version (they know most units stats... like they knew all the pokemons). showed it to my friends: lots of ’em like and play it (the ’over 30’ fraction). kids showed it to their friends: guess what happend... (the ’under 15’ fraction).
Taken out of the Wesnoth Forum, written by Xytan
- It's been fantastic watching this come together. Talented programmers, artists, musicians, campaign/story developers - Wesnoth is a really special example of how open source can accomplish great things. Thanks to Dave and all the others who have worked hard to create this game!
Taken out of the Wesnoth Forum, written by Nothsa
- Just started playing Battle of Wesnoth three days ago. I am seriously hooked! This is the most outstanding game I have seen in years. Your team is seriously talented. Thank you. Written by RodneyMillerPCA
Just and everyday user
- This is a pretty neat game esp. from the fact its so customizable. It's kindof an advanced
version of Warlords II, with none of the bad and all of the good. written by Sid6.7