Wesnoth UMC Dev Setup HowTo
From The Battle for Wesnoth Wiki
This is a Setup Guide for the Coordinated User-made Content Development Project.
Here you will find step by step instructions on how to setup your system to collaborate with other players through SVN as well as various tips on how to use it.
- Create an account in Sourceforge if you don't already have one
- Install Subversion (on Debian and variants: sudo apt-get install subversion)
- Install an ssh client if you don't have one already (i.e. openssh-client
- Package your campaign into a compressed file and mail it over to Shadow Master
- Connect to the irc channel #wesnoth-umc-dev @ irc.freenode.net and wait until you're informed that your campaign has been uploaded and prepared
- Once the OK is give, go to your Sourceforge account's SSH key page
- If you don't have an ssh key, follow the instructions here to to create one.
- Open your public key file (probably under you .ssh directory) amd copy paste the contents into the "Atuhorised Keys" textbox in the Sourceforge page. Save.
- Under your Sourceforge account page you should now see that you have 1 kay shared.
- Once your campaign has been prepared, go to a directory of your choice (Suggestion: Create a new directory in your home directory with an appropriate name like snv or dev)
- Checkout your first version by running this command
svn co https://wesnoth-umc-dev.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wesnoth-umc-dev/branches/1.4/[YOUR CAMPAIGN NAME]
- replacing of course [YOUR CAMPAIGN NAME] with your own campaign's directory name.
- (Don't forget to change 1.4 to the version of Wesnoth your campaign is for)
- You are now ready to contribute. Start by reading the SVN book (Chapter 2 is the initial you need although 1 and 3 should be read eventually)