From The Battle for Wesnoth Wiki
- Hi Celtic Minstrel! Sure, I'll do that. I have been admittedly lazy in this regard, as I was so keen to get the lore up as quickly as possible. I'll add some documentation over the next few days. Sub2pewds (talk) 17:32, 9 July 2019 (UTC)
TRoW scenarios that shouldn't take the page for their name
Thanks for adding all of this documentation. There's a couple of TRoW scenarios that I think should have "_(scenario)" in their article name:
- The Fall, the other meaning being Timeline_of_Wesnoth#After_the_Fall
- A New Land (currently a redlink), the other meaning being one of the multiplayer scenarios that frequently gets played on the official server
- The Ka'lian (currently a redlink), the elvish council in Wesmere which appears in several campaigns
There's at least two meanings to The Dragon, but they're both scenarios (the other is in SoF).
- Thanks Octalot. I will respond to each of these in turn.
- The Fall: This one, I reckon can remain. You are right to point out the other meaning, but upon inspection of the Under the Burning Suns campaign, it seems it has a more full name... the Great Fall. I would advise that The Fall remains the title of the scenario and a hatnote is added to the top of the page pointing to another page titled Great Fall. Thoughts?
- A New Land: I think I concur. I was aware of the scenario, and wasn't sure if we would ever create a page for it, as it isn't exactly canon, per se. But I'll concede vanilla Wesnoth maps merit their own page.
- The Ka'lian: Yeah, you're definitely right about this one.
- By the way, I don't have admin capabilities, so I can't move pages. I don't want to create new pages and clear old ones if I can avoid it, as it deletes edit history, which is undesirable. If you can help, or know someone who can, it would be very much appreciated. Sub2pewds (talk) 22:26, 25 July 2019 (UTC)
- Makes sense to me, the list of admins is at https://forums.wesnoth.org/memberlist.php?mode=group&g=6659
- As well as being an admin, shadowm is author of two well-known but non-canon campaigns set after the Fall; she'd probably be able to tell us more about whether it should be "the Fall" or "the Great Fall". OTOH, now that The Fall exists I concur that it should stay as the TRoW version.
- Okay. I've posted on the forums. shadowm usually seems responsive there, so hopefully she'll comment. And thanks for the admin list. I haven't yet wanted to move anything very big, but I have left some pages around by accident that I didn't have permission to delete or move, specifically these pages:
- Sub2pewds (talk) 03:51, 27 July 2019 (UTC)
- For the record, if you want to move a page, just ask Vultraz, shadowm, or one of the other admins with that permission. —Celtic Minstrel (talk) 04:34, 27 July 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks Celtic Minstrel. I suspect Pentarctagon would be the ideal person to talk to, given he/she seems to be the most active admin on the wiki. I don't have anything that currently needs moving, although it would be great to see the candidates for deletion culled. Stuff has been sitting in there for at least five years, such as this article. The four links I listed above (Category:Mermen, Infobox Character, S-end, and S-start) are among those pending deletion. I'll let Pentarctagon know via their talk page. 08:41, 27 July 2019 (UTC)