Link description Improvements
I saw that you did some edits in the last time on BuildingScenarios and BuildingCampaigns and changed some link texts. I don't want to discuss here where that is useful and where it isn't - admittedly I don't think all of your changes are improvements - but I wanted to tell you that we (meaning: monochromatic and me) are currently discussing a whole structure change on this wiki. Since I don't want you to waste your time making edits which will maybe be just ignored in a not so distant future, I wanted to warn you. ;)
Nevertheless thank you for your help. We will need some people who are eager to help us with our editing. If you would like to help us out, please inform us (for example by replying to this message). Your help would be greatly appreciated then; only now it's unfortunately a bit redundant. --Crendgrim 18:24, 10 May 2011 (UTC)
I think linking texts like BuildingCampaignsSimple, BuildingCampaignsIntermediate and BuildingCampaignsAdvanced look unprofessional. Furthermore, I'm interested in what you admittedly don't consider an improvement, since otherwise your message sounds snobbish. From the looks of it, if you had sent any messages with that tone to other editors, perhaps that is why the wiki looks like an AOL user put it together, since criticism without critique is nothing more than an arbitrary insult. Adamsetzler 19:31, 10 May 2011 (UTC)
- First of all, please do not answer on discussion on other user's pages but on the page the discussion was started. Else it's very hard to follow a conversation. I moved your comment on my talk page to this place.
- Second, my comment wasn't meant as an insult on you but as a tip. If you change now those articles, your changes are very likely to get lost during our re-ordering.
- Third, your tone isn't very patient either. Please be aware that I'm no native speaker, so it's quite possible that you misinterpret what I try to say.
- And finally, everywhere in this Wiki are links in the style of "BuildingCampaignsAdvanced" (look e.g. at the "See also" sections in many WML-related pages), what is one reason for us to make the revamp. --Crendgrim 20:11, 10 May 2011 (UTC)
- Very well, then. I would indeed like to help. I am a native English speaker and am sensitive to tone, but that also makes me useful in editing. If I can help in any way, let me know. I am also currently building a campaign with a colleague of mine.
- Adamsetzler 20:18, 10 May 2011 (UTC)
- Great :)
- We still have to decide on how to make the revamp exactly, so I can't tell you yet what you can do. I'll contact you once we're finished with our concept. Am I right that you're also "adamsetzler" on the forums? --Crendgrim 20:54, 10 May 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, I am. Looking forward to contributing.
- Adamsetzler 22:01, 10 May 2011 (UTC)