User:Shadowm/Stable 1.14 Announcement Outline
This is an outline for the 1.14 Press Release-type announcement page
Add items you worked on or you know someone else worked on throughout 1.13.x. We don't want prose, we just want to enumerate items we'll talk about in the real release announcement. Someone else (or a plurality of someone elses) will magically turn your bullet points into marketing speech-style text for the announcement so you don't need to worry about doing that yourself.
For each section, try to list items in descending order of importance. The announcement team might not follow the order of the outline but it'd greatly help us to have a rough idea of how visible each item should be.
Tag platform specific features like this: "(Windows only) New user files location".
- Steam launch
- New title screen music, refined background and overall UI design, new UI font.
- New terrains
- New unit animations
- New portraits
- SDL 2.0, including:
- (macOS only) Working Retina support for macOS at last
- Borderless windowed instead of real fullscreen on all platforms
- Performance improvements when scrolling
- (TODO other stuff)
- Secrets of the Ancients addition to mainline
- Under the Burning Suns playable units refresh
- Refreshed maps in Northern Rebirth
- Ability to use mod add-ons in single-player campaigns
- New MP UI and interaction flow
- Khalifate renamed to Dunefolk, balancing changes to the faction
- Addition of the ability to forfeit a game
- Version info dialog with build info, paths, library versions, Copy to Clipboard option for bug reports
- (Windows only) New user files location, need to document how to make a "portable Wesnoth" on the wiki somewhere as well
For Content Creators
- Lua interpreter update from version ??? to 5.3.4 compared to 1.12
- New WML preprocessor feature for named optional arguments (
- Lua console and redesigned gamestate inspector
- Expand the Wesnoth Formula Language (WFL) with new syntax features and functions
- Allow use of WFL in many new places, including all four types of filter, unit abilities, weapon specials, and even some Image path Functions
- Several built-in predefined dialogs are now exposed to Lua, including the storyscreen
- Many expansions and some simplifications to the specification of AI parameter in WML and the Lua AI API
- [modification]s for singleplayer
- [on_undo] to make gamechanging actions undoable.
- New looping tags
- custom mapgenerator written in lua
- (Windows only)
--wconsoleto make Wesnoth's console output display in real time in a native console window
- (Windows only) Log files folder and new location for logs
- Add-on and mainline content licensing policy changes