== Battle for Wesnoth == is a turn-based fantasy strategy game.
Defeat all enemy leaders using a well-chosen cadre of troops, taking care to manage your resources of gold and villages. All units have their own strengths and weaknesses; to win, deploy your forces to their best advantage while denying your foes the chance to do the same. As units gain experience, they acquire new abilities and become more powerful. Play in your own language and test your skill against a smart computer opponent, or join Wesnoth's large community of on-line players. Create your own custom units, scenarios or campaigns, and share them with others.
Battle for Wesnoth is released under the GPL. Prebuilt packages are available for most operating systems, including Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, or you can build your own from source code.
For New Players
- WesnothPhilosophy - Dave on Wesnoth
- MultiplayerServers - where to play against other people online
- CommandMode - commands you can use in-game
- CompilingWesnoth - on Unix, Mac, Windows, Linux, PDAs, ...
- AdvancedTactics - beating the AI and other people
- [units.cgi?page=frames Wesnoth Unit List</a> (<a href="units.cgi?page=list">without frames])
- [units.cgi Experience Tree]
- Movement, defense and resistance tables
- ReportingBugs - use Savannah
- WesnothOnLinuxPDAs - on the Qtopia/OPIE and thepdaXrom/Zaurus C series
- WesnothAcronyms - common wesnothian acronyms explained
- #wesnoth - our IRC channel
Scenarios, campaigns and graphics
- MainlineScenarios - campaigns included with the official distribution
- UserScenarios - user-written scenarios, campaigns and game modifications
- WesnothHistory - the Ages of Wesnoth
- WesnothGeography - description of Wesnoth and surrounding lands
- RaceDescriptions - Elves, Humans, Dwarves, Orcs, Drakes, Undead, Others
- ArtworkWaitingList - not yet included in CVS
- GraphicLibrary - unit and terrain images posted on the forums
User editing information
- ReferenceWML - all about Wesnoth Markup Language
- BuildingCampaigns - how to make your own campaigns
- BuildingScenarios - how to make your own scenarios
- WesnothMapEditor - summary of controls
- CastleTutorial - how to create tileable castles and other castle-like tilesets
- ExternalUtilities - scripts to help create scenarios, campaigns, and graphics
- DeveloperResources - useful links
- Changelog - the most recent changes made to the game
- WesnothCVS - accessing the source code
- CodingStandards - for programmers
- UnitDescriptionRewriting - coordinating the revision
- UnitAnimationsAndSounds - what's available and what's missing
- WritingYourOwnAI - write a C++ plugin
- ThemeSystem - customizing the screen layout for the game and the editor
- HotKeysSystem - keyboard shortcuts
- ReleasingWesnoth - steps to follow to release a new version
- WesnothPackagersGuide - guidelines for packaging Wesnoth for different platforms
- GettextForTranslators - how to translate Wesnoth under GetText
- WesnothTranslations - 4 complete, 6 near complete, 8 more than halfway, 10 partial
- WesCamp - a project for translating user-made campaigns
- FrequentlyProposedIdeas - before you propose an idea, check here!
- NewUnits - units that exist only in theory
- NewTerrains - tile status
- To submit a feature request, use http://bugs.wesnoth.org
- WesnothLSM - presentation at LSM
- WesnothPlayerLocations - add yourself to the map!
- Wikipedia Entry for Wesnoth - expand the stub!
- WikiMigration - we are looking for a replacement