- All patches should be submitted at patches.wesnoth.org
You can post them here too for discussion, but we need to track what is their status and p.w.o helps a lot
- Patches should be generated using "svn diff"
SVN provides a cool command to generate diff, I usually run "svn diff >mypatch.patch" to create the patch, and its all nice and ready. It even records precisely the commit against which it was generated, it makes things really easy for me...
- Don't forget to add an entry to the Changelog
- if you add afile, don't forget to change the Makefiles
- Add yourself in about.cfg
Including your name and/or nick it makes it easier for me. New contributors should add themselves to the Miscellaneous Contributors section of the about file (data/core/about.cfg). Please keep the alphabetical order while doing it.
- When changing WML, please add a pointer in the wiki to where it should be updated when commited
- Be patient, sometime I'm not very responsive
- Don't be suprised if we discuss the patch a lot
Thus, you should leave us a way to contact you, either a forum nick, an email adress, or submit with a registered gna account.
- The patch should generate no warnings
Wesnoth has a large number of warnings enabled, all of them are useful. If your code spits warning, please have a look, and ask yourself why you are doing whatever causes the warning.
- When adding a file, don't forget Makefile.am
It makes things simpler for me, and is often forgotten.
- Sometimes patches are rejected, don't be suprised if it happens