From The Battle for Wesnoth Wiki
- Principles of Orchestration Free online version of Nikolay Rimsky-Korsakov's "orchestration bible" complete with audio examples.
- Philharmonia Orchestra An invaluable resource. I recommend everyone who wishes to learn more about the orchestra and its instruments to take a look at this site.
- Making orchestral music... without an orchestra An insteresting insight into creating a virtual orchestra by composer Bjorn Lynne.
- Improving Orchestral Simulation through Musical Knowledge An article about making realistic orchestral simulations by Alan Belkin.
- Artistic Orchestration Another great and in-depth piece ny Alan Belkin.
- 10 tips for making your MIDI orchestrations sound real The title says it all.
- CREATING REALISTIC SAMPLE-BASED ORCHESTRAL ARRANGEMENTS: PART 1 Old but very informative SOS article about sample-based orchestration.
- ORCHESTRAL MANOEUVRES Another good SOS article.
- The symphony orchestra Some basic info about seating and instruments.
- Instrument data Some technical data on orchestral instruments.
- Sequence-stration Another article about getting good results from MIDI orchestration.
- Using Advanced Orchestral Libraries Some tips on... yeah, it's all in the title.
- An interview with Jerry Gerber Uh... yep.
- The Unreal Orchestra Interesting article about moive scoring by Jerry Gerber and Michael Prager
- Digital Orchestration.com The personal site of composer Maarten Spruijt. A lot of good info on MIDI orchestration and music production.
- Glossary of Musical Terms Might come in handy.
This page was last edited on 24 February 2008, at 23:28.