- 1 Foreword
- 2 WML related features
- 3 Improvements to FormulaAI
- 4 GUI related features
- 5 Miscellaneous
- 6 Bugs
- 7 See Also
This page is here to document easy to do coding tasks. It is not here to double the feature request database, and should only be filled by people that know the code well enough to judge the difficulty of a given task.
If you are such a person, you should feel free to edit this page.
If you're not, you should post a feature request and discuss your idea on the forum or IRC. A coder with better knowledge of the code might give you the green light to add your feature here.
Anybody should feel free to add "clues" to any tasks, that is entry points, traps to avoid, person to contact to discuss and so on.
If you plan to work on a feature, write your name at the bottom of the feature, with the date. Note that if you are too long at working on a feature I'll "free" it back (that is if you're not working on it. If you have problems implementing it, just tell us....)
--Boucman 20:48, 3 October 2006 (CEST)
Since bugs are sometimes a good opportunity to get a first idea of the code, i will add some here that are easy to fix as soon as i stumble upon them (the one i had in mind is fixed already ;-).
--Yogi Bear, 28 February 2008
Giving result=defeat or result=victory for specific sides. (FR #4960)
WML event trigger for recalling (the current one triggers on both recalls and recruits) (FR #3622) (please read the comments of the report for a proper description of how this should work)
Enabling checking of damage dealt in WML
A WML variable should be set when triggering some combat-related events, allowing WML to know the amount of damage being dealt. (FR #7673)
Support for leaderless multiplayergames
Add support for the WML key victory_when_enemies_defeated= in the scenario tag during multiplayergames. (FR #8106)
Improvements to FormulaAI
Add new formula functions, or minor improvements to the formula language. Make it easier to debug the formula language.
See FutureWML; some ideas there are easier than others.
- show number of owned villages/total villages (FR: #3135) (--alink done but must update help, doc, tooltip...)
- allow custom themes to display values of WML variables (FR #6209)
- hide the hourglass item from the statusbar when there is no timer
- show side number, name and team association information in the status table
- make games sortable in the lobby (open slots, total number of players, era, XP modifier, gold per village, fog/shroud)
- input history (chat, commands, ..), seek Sapient for more info and tips
More powerful village naming
Adding mountain names and other features to village names, having a second random name in village names
Currently the village naming engine has a very good structure that could allow more powerfull names to be generated. Understanding how it works should be quite easy, and a few usefull improvements could be added.
- Currently villages can use lake names and river names, this should be extended to other features like bridges, swamps, mountains etc...
- It would be nice to have a separate list of "first sylabus" and "last sylabus" for naming. That's not really needed in english, but some translations could use it
- Again, it is common to have villages with more than one "random" word in them. having a $name2 variable would be nice
- New debug command functionality (setting status.variables, possibly terrain, WML value display)