Documented here is how wescamp.py works.
- Python (2.5 or above should work)
- Ssh keys so that git push doesn't require a password prompt (for everything except -C, which uses a read-only checkout)
- Administrator rights on github.com/wescamp (if you need to create new repositories)
Like the svn invocation, with git, a directory per "version branch" is required. Unlike the svn version, you can't simply check out a single directory to do this. The -c/--checkout switch will check out a version directory for you, if it is properly named. The -U switch can make the checkouts as a side-effect.
A "version directory" is required to end in the version it's for, as this is currently the method used to identify the version. The following formats work:
- -u ADDON uploads a single add-on to wescamp.
- -U uploads all translatable add-ons.
- -l lists all add-ons.
- -L lists all translatable add-ons.
- -c creates a normal checkout
- -C creates a read-only checkout (doesn't require any github credentials)
- -s SERVER is the hostname of the add-on server
- -p PORT is the port of the add-on server
- -w WESCAMP_CHECKOUT specifies the directory of the wescamp checkout (or where it will be created)
- -G USER:PASSWORD is your login to github. This argument is required if an upload would create a new repository on github. This is because a json API is used to create the new repository.
- You can also use a github OAuth2 token instead of your username and password. This token must have the 'repo' scope.
- This option can still be useful if no repositories are created. Github has a limit of 60 API requests per hour if you are not logged in, or 5000 if you are.
- -b BUILD_SYSTEM_CHECKOUT can be used to specify a build-system checkout
- -B BRANCH can be used to specify the version we're syncing. This overrides the -w derived branch. It can also be used as a fallback for when -p isn't given, but there are some issues with that (see below).
- -e ERROR_LOG can be used to specify a file to save all errors to. This is useful for log storage and automated runs.
./data/tools/wesnoth/wescamp.py -scampaigns.wesnoth.org -p15002 -w/tmp/wescamp/branch-1.10/ -c
This makes a fresh checkout of all translatable 1.10 add-ons in the specified directory.
./data/tools/wesnoth/wescamp.py -scampaigns.wesnoth.org -p15002 -w/tmp/wescamp-upload/1.10/ -u Invasion_from_the_Unknown
An existing checkout of the Invasion_from_the_Unknown-1.10 repository in /tmp/wescamp-upload/1.10/Invasion_from_the_Unknown/ is updated.
./data/tools/wesnoth/wescamp.py -scampaigns.wesnoth.org -p15002 -w/tmp/wescamp-upload/1.10/ -u Era_of_Myths -G USER:PASSWORD
The directory /tmp/wescamp-upload/1.10/ exists, but there is no Era_of_Myths directory in it and neither is there an Era_of_Myths-1.10 repository on github. After this command it will be on github and a checkout will be in the directory.
./data/tools/wesnoth/wescamp.py -scampaigns.wesnoth.org -p15002 -w/tmp/wescamp-upload/branch-1.10/ -U -G longhexadecimalstringthatisanoath2bearertoken
Updates all 1.10 add-ons. If they are not yet on wescamp, a new repository will be created for them.
If there's anything missing, please contact me. (AI0867)