This page is dedicated to describe how to translate User made Campaigns with the help of the project Wescamp-i18n. This project is hosted at berlios.de and maintained by Torangan ( david AT torangan.de ). Campaigns are uploaded into the SVN rep and po-files of the campaigns are created. The po-files are updated regulary and the stats are shown at http://gettext.wesnoth.org.
== If you are someone who just wants to translate a campaign ==, simply go to http://gettext.wesnoth.org , and download the .po file of your chosen campaign and language. Then read the information for translators on this page here, to know who to tell what you are working on, and where to submit your translations.
How to contibute to this Project
If you want to contribute to this project, you should follow this list:
- Make sure that there is a _ in front of the strings that can be translated.
- Make sure that you've got the #textdomain directives right. More information in this thread Changes to translating user campaigns in wesnoth (post 0.9.1)
- Notice that when you reuse official units, you can put them into the textdomain wesnoth and the game will
automatically use the official translations. This does not work for textdomains from other campaigns hosted here, only for the official textdomains.
- Please use the splitted objectives syntax as described here. (The exact definition is in the post from Ayin at the
end of the page.)
- If you got further questions feel free to join the irc channel #wesnoth on irc.freenode.net and ask in there. You can
also ask your questions in the forum, or directly contact Torangan ( david AT torangan.de ).
- WescampInstructions - How to get started. Written from a Mac OS X perspective, but the instructions should be valid
for Linux users
- Subversion for Windows - a GUI: http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org
- If you're keen on doing all yourself, have a look at yann's pokit available here. This is only
required if you'd like to do the technical part yourself as this is usually done by Torangan. Be warned, pokit is somewhat outdated at the time of this writing and needs some derivation from the procedure described within the README.
Translating user campaigns is the same like translating the normal files. All the info about this is already existing in the wiki (see the links below). The files you do need are located at here. When they are translated mail them to Torangan ( david AT torangan.de ). Before you start translating you should
- look at the sub-page of the campaign you want to translate, to see if somebody already is working on it.
- contact Torangan and edit the subpage, so that it is known that someone is working on it.
If you got further questions, join the ircchannel #wesnoth on irc.freenode.net and ask them in there. Of course you will also get answers if you ask your questions in the Forum, or mail Torangan.
Campaigns in the rep
Here is a list of the campaigns that are already in the repository. The subpages are used to coordinate your and our efforts. We will put in there a list of the translators working on the specific campaign.
- A New Order
- Delfador's Memoirs
- Flight to Freedom
- Invasion of Eliador
- Legend of Wesmere
- Mage Republic
- Mystery Campaign
- Northern Rebirth
- Orcish Incursion
- Saving Elensefar
- Sceptre of Fire
- Unrest in Elfland
- Under the Burning Suns