The Swamp of Esten
|The Rise of Wesnoth scenario|
|The Swamp of Esten|
|← A Harrowing Escape|
|The Oldwood →|
The Swamp of Esten is the fourth scenario in The Rise of Wesnoth campaign. It is an optional scenario, and is played if Prince Haldric chose to travel southeast in the previous scenario. If he did not, the scenario The Midlands is played instead.
The Kingdom of Stormvale had been defeated by the orcs, while its populace had been evacuated by Prince Haldric. Haldric successfully managed to travel through the south pass, and upon arriving at a crossroads, chose to travel southeast to the Swamp of Esten, believing that they would not be followed there by the orcs.
- ^ a b The Wesfolk and Lady Outlaw only joined Haldric if he chose to spare the latter's life.
- ^ a b These units only appear on easy difficulty.
- ^ a b c These units did not appear on hard difficulty.
- The Fall, The Rise of Wesnoth
- A Harrowing Escape, The Rise of Wesnoth
|The Rise of Wesnoth|