This page is meant to be a list of spelling mistakes in campaigns and other translatable texts in the en_US development version of the game.
Note: The house style of Wesnoth uses a good many words and constructions that are archaic, poetic, or dialectal. If you speak modern English as a second language you may incorrectly read these as errors. Please see NotSpellingMistakes for a list of things you will encounter that may look like spelling or usage errors but are not. Note that the mainline campaigns are now using correct typography, including sexed quotes and en and em dashes. These will appear as three byte sequences if you are not using a viewer that supports UTF-8.
- 1 An Orcish Incursion
- 2 Dead Water
- 3 Delfador's Memoirs
- 4 Descent into Darkness
- 5 Eastern Invasion
- 6 Heir to the Throne
- 7 Liberty
- 8 Northern Rebirth
- 9 Sceptre of Fire
- 10 Son of the Black Eye
- 11 The Hammer of Thursagan
- 12 The Legend of Wesmere
- 13 The Rise of Wesnoth
- 14 The South Guard
- 15 Two Brothers
- 16 Under the Burning Suns
- 17 Editor
- 18 Tutorial
- 19 Manual
- 20 Manpages
- 21 Units
- 22 1.10 Announcement
- 23 Other (ingame help, ...)
- 24 Translation code bugs
- 25 Unofficial campaigns
- 26 Terms commonly confused
An Orcish Incursion
In _main.cfg: "you will need cunning and bravery to be survive" -> "you will need cunning and bravery to survive"
In 08_Talking_to_Tyegea.cfg: "but I seems" -> "but it seems"
Descent into Darkness
- Scenario 7: “For your final test as my apprentice, you will aid me in retrieving a book,” the necromancer says. ‘The book was... stolen from me long ago. Since it has personal value to me, think of the task as a small favor. I should warn you that it will require you to act against your countrymen of Wesnoth, since it was one of them who stole it from me.” – Replace ‘ with “
- Scenario 9:318: Phew! Let’s get out of here (Period is missing at the end of the sentence.)
Heir to the Throne
Sceptre of Fire
Son of the Black Eye
We must trust [...]
- Hush, Vraurk, must trust [...]
[...] you should have eaten that Grüü, you don't look so good.
- [...] you should have eaten that Grüü, you don't look so good.
Now, as his son, it’s up to you to thwart the selfish designs
2byte character "it's"
with enemy orcs during the fourth year of his leadership.
with enemy orcs during the year of his leadership.
the local earls and the orcish tribes and didn’t have any direct connection
2byte character "didn't"
The Hammer of Thursagan
The Legend of Wesmere
- Let us pursue the ORC WHo murdered El'Isomithir!
- Gentlemen, don't squabble. We cannot go back now. But be watchful; I don’t like the feel of this country one bit.
The 2nd "don't" has a 2byte character.
- We will follow you, Kalenz ? '?' -> '.' Can't translate.
- Very well, Kalenz ? lead us! '?' -> '.' Can't translate.
- Let us give them aid ? '?' -> '.' Can't translate.
- Cleodil bore Kalenz children who were tall, and beautiful, and inherited in full measure both their mother’s healing gifts and their father’s talented and searching mind. In the fullness of time, after a long life full of accomplishment and love and laughter, Cleodil died after the manner of Elves, aging swiftly to a peaceful end. -> 2byte character : "mother's" "father's"
- Farewell $unit.name. Your loyal service won’t be forgotten. -> 2byte character "won't"
The Rise of Wesnoth
"Lady Outlaw" states: He must mean the Ruby of Fire. It was our most powerful artifact. We brought it with us from the *east*. We thought it was lost in the war with your people, when Lich-Lord Lenvan fell!
Should it not be "WEST" as the wesfolk and their lich lords come from there? -Crommy-
The South Guard
Under the Burning Suns
"After this dialog, hold the mouse over the landscape image below the minimap "
below -> above (1.9.0 development)
- Dwarvish Pathfinder
They are powerful pathfinders in a melee
Other (ingame help, ...)
- ― Haldric II, 42 YW, from Handbook of Tactical Analysis: Volume I
Remove space after 42. (There is already such string, so there is no need to use pofix here).
- Accuracy : (src/generate_report.cpp:457)
Should be Accuracy: (with space after ':')