SoC Ideas Whiteboard 2011
|This page is related to Summer of Code 2011|
|See the list of Summer of Code 2011 Ideas|
|This is a Summer of Code 2011 Idea|
Implement the network part of the Whiteboard
The [Whiteboard GSoC-WesnothWhiteboard_Gabba] is an interface project that was started during GSoC 2010. It has several goals:
1. Provide a means to players to visually test out sequences of actions, especially for those which can't be undone such as attacks, or for moves which uncover shroud and thereby prevent undos.
2. Allow players to plan out recruits, recalls and even attacks and moves, while they are waiting for their turn.
3. Replace features such as waypoints (still present) and Delay Shroud Updates (present in 1.8, disabled but not removed from the code in 1.9). DSU in particular complicates life a lot for WML developers.
4. Allow allies to see each other's plans in multiplayer, and possibly to visibly suggest moves to each other and to the AI.
5. Provide advanced interface features building on the work above, such as chance to kill calculations taking into account several attacks on the same unit planned through the whiteboard.
1 and 2 as well as the DSU part of 3 were finished during GSoC 2010.