the [generator] tag]
The [generator] tag replaces a scenario's map data; in fact its whole purpose is to generate the map data given a set of configuration parameters.
The map generator function is not very well documented. The data on this page are taken from
The following key/tags are recognized for [generator]:
- [scenario]||/||[settings] See ScenarioWML
- map_width//,//map_height size of the map to generate
- flipx_chance for scenario generation.
Percentage chance to flip map across X axis ???
- village_density tiles per village ???
- [height] list of common terrain types
which come in at different heights, from highest to lowest
- [convert] used to make terrain conversions.
For example water becomes ice at low temperatures, grass snow, etc.
- convert_to_bridge a list of terrains;
N/S, then NE/SW, then NW/SE.
- convert_to a terrain
- adjacent_liked an unseparated terrain list
- rating chance of appearing
- [chamber] for underground maps
- x//,//y approximate location of the chamber
- [items] See ScenarioWML.
Locations of items will be generated randomly. The attribute same_location_as_previous=yes means that the filter for a moveto event (see EventWML) is the same as the location of the previous item.