You want to play Multiplayer Games and don't know how to do, welcome to the MP tutorial.
The first thing you need to do if you want to play a multiplayer game is to choose which kind of game you want to play.
- Click the multiplayer button in the general menu of wesnoth.
A new window will pop-up, asking you what kind of multiplayer game you want to play :
- Put your username on the top.
Your username is the way you will appear on the servers and during games. The next time you will click on the multiplayer button on the main screen, this username will be automatically set, but you will be able to change it anytime you come back to this pop-up window.
- Choose the kind of game you want to play.
Under your username, you now have three choices:
- Join official server : Allows you to join the official Battle for Wesnoth server, where most of the multiplayer games are played.
- Connect to host/server : Allows you to connect to a different server, useful when the official server is down for example...
- Local game : Allows you to play a multiplayer game on a sole computer, this is Battle for Wesnoth "Hot-Seat" mode.
Double click on the selected option or press the OK button to start playing. A click on the cancel button will bring you back to the main menu.