This page describes the LuaWML functions and helpers for handling sides and villages.
Returns the team with given number.
local team = wesnoth.get_side(1) team.gold = team.gold + 50
Teams are proxy tables with the following fields:
- gold, village_gold, base_income: integers (read/write)
- total_income: integer (read only)
- objectives, user_team_name: translatable strings (read/write)
- objectives_changed: boolean (read/write)
- team_name: string (read/write)
- __cfg: WML table (dump)
The metatable of these proxy tables appears as "side".
Returns the side that owns the village at the given location.
local owned_by_side_1 = wesnoth.get_village_owner(12, 15) == 1
Gives ownership of the village at the given location to the given side (or remove ownership if none).
wesnoth.set_village_owner(12, 15, 1)
Returns an iterator over teams that can be used in a for-in loop.
for team in helper.all_teams() do team.gold = 200 end