This is a new toolkit aiming to make it possible to make the look of Wesnoth fully skinnable. This will be used in Wesnoth the make it easier to optimize for different screen resolutions. The initial work in progress version has been released with Wesnoth 1.6. Since the development isn't done yet, these pages reflect the state of the trunk.
The engine has two parts:
- Widget definition, which defines how a widget looks.
- Window definition, which defines how a certain window looks and it uses the widget definitions.
Here's a(n incomplete) list of items which still need to be done.
- The layout engine can still have problems with not finding a solution and stop.
- Make sure labels buttons etc can shrink and show ellipses to shrink small enough
- Optimize the shrink algorithm
- The code for the events is not entirely to my liking and I want to look at using signals instead, events are there bug not yet used everywhere.
- Improve the markup for the text
- Convert more dialogs
- https://devdocs.wesnoth.org/group__GUIWidgetWML.html - the various widgets, the options which can be used when a widget is "instantiated" in a window definition, and the types of GUI2 variables available.
- GUILayout describes how to place widgets in a window.
- GUIWindowDefinitionWML describes the windows available and which widgets the 'know' about.
- GUIToolkitWML describes the basics of the engine.
- GUICanvasWML describes what to draw on a widget.