This page is meant to somehow coordinate the small Wesconf taking place at FOSDEM 2010. That is everyone attending should please list him/herself in the list of arrivals and stuff like this. FOSDEM 2010 will take place at the first weekend in Febuary 2010, on Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th.
|AI||Fri, 5th||Sun, 7th||2go4, booked by Ivanovic|
|Boucman||Fri, 5th||Mon, 8th||unknown|
|Crab||Fri, 5th||Sun, 7th||unknown|
|Fendrin||Fri, 5th||Sun, 7th||2go4, booked by Ivanovic|
|grzywacz & deekay||Fri, 5th (?)||Mon, 8th (?)||unknown|
|Ivanovic & chrber||Fri, 5th||Sun, 7th||2go4, booked by Ivanovic|
|mordante||Fri, 5th||Sun, 7th||2go4, booked by Ivanovic|
|Noyga||Fri, 5th||Sun, 7th||unknown|
For accomodations please keep in mind that parking in the center of Brussels is really problematic. It might make sense to drive to the University where FOSDEM takes place, park there and take the bus into the town center (where some of the hotels/hostels are).
Possible hostels that we at least contacted over the last years (some of them might already be booked out by now!):
- 2go4 Note: groups bigger 6 are not allowed, so we can (officially) not form a complete Wesnoth group at this hostel, got to meet somewhere in town/at the university...
- Bruegel YH
On the official FOSDEM page some more possible hotels/hostels are listed.
- Bruegel YH
- Brussels Central (Train Station) → Bruegel YH
- Bruegel YH → Brussels Central (Train Station) → Novotel Grand Place
- Novotel Grand Place
- CrownePlaza (Europa)
- Novotel Grand Place -> FOSDEM
Information about how to reach the FOSDEM is listed at the official transportation subpage.
Short version of how to get there for those that reside in Bruegel YH and Novotel Grand Place (basically town center):
- Enter Bus 71 (Debrouckere - Central Station ("Gare Centrale") - Delta) somewhere at 'Central Station'
- Leave the bus at "ULB" (crossroads Ave. Adolphe Buyl - Sq. Deveze)
- Walk down Ave. Paul Heger on your right hand.
Wesnoth Hacking Room
Wesnoth will not have a room of its own. Instead we will use one of the "general hacking rooms". So far it is not sure which room it will be, if we do it like the last two years, it will be room number 115 in the building AW1. Last year this was the smaller of the two hacking rooms and we had no real problem with conquering (and holding) the first row in this room. There were not too many power outlets, so this year at least Ivanovic will bring one multi-outlet power strip plus some extension cable (5m or something like this). There is no wired network, everything wireless (and sometimes rather/very unstable!). Beside this you should bring laptops since there are no computers available for hacking.
AW1 - Room 115
We usually discuss all sorts of things at FOSDEM, this section is here to have a small bullet list of things that we actively want to discuss at FOSDEM.
- GSOC 2010: finding mentors, organizing the submission etc..
- FOSDEM 2011 : trying to get a dev room with other games ?
- [wanted: discussion topics!]
We were already at FOSDEM 2009, here something as reference:
We were already at FOSDEM 2008, here something as reference: