This page is to describe history that occurred in the Silver Lands, the region east of what is on the main map. Currently, it also describes some things to the south of wesnoth. This should eventually be moved, or we could rename the page.
Best map as of 2011-11-01. Relevant part is everything to the south-east of Lin-Elens.
- Elves inhabit Lin-Elens.
- Minotaurs live on the plains around the Lake Aoir. (named Minotaur's Lake on the map)
- Dwarves live in the mountains around Firecloud Peak. They are prohibited by treaty with the elves from claiming the hills south of the great river.
- The Eltireans live in floating isles hidden above the eastern side of the Flamebreath Desert.
- Saurians live in the Ssyuriss Fenn.
20 BW - 200 YW: Drakes and Dwarves
- Dwarves from Firecloud Peak cross the Great River and colonize the hills of Triththa.
- The Silver Drakes attack Firecloud peak and the surrounding area, drafting most of the saurians from Ssyuriss Fenn into their ranks.
- The dwarvish defenses crumble under the combined offensive. When it becomes clear that the war is lost, the survivors evacuate to Triththa.
- The saurians suffer the brunt of the casualties in the war. The remainder are enslaved by the drakes.
- The saurians remaining in Ssyuriss Fenn are soundly defeated by a Triththan offensive. The remnants of their civilization are a number of disorganised tribes.
20-400 YW: Arrival of humans
The period in which humans first entered the Silver Lands, and carved out their own nations.
- Human settlement of the Estmarks begins.
- Large increase in the use of magic in the Estmarks.
- An orcish invasion pushes the settlers south, out of the Estmarks, before the Grand Army of Wesnoth can arrive.
- The settlers found a number of new settlements on the edge of the Kerlath hills and the Sandy Wastes.
- The orcish horde is driven out by the numerically superior Grand Army of Wesnoth, but some tribes desert and settle the areas furthest from wesnoth.
- Contact between the settlers and the Kingdom of Wesnoth is lost completely.
- The settlers acquire a distaste for magic, thinking its use brought on the orcish horde.
- The settlers expand around the edge of the desert, eventually reaching the mountains south of Lake Aoir.
- A large group of magic-using settlers leaves the desert, heading north.
- The exiles settle in the plains near the Lin-Elens.
- The exiles rapidly expand their territory.
- Ideological conflict about types of magic starts fracturing the new nation.
- The sides eventually consolidate around the cities of Noct and Diurna, on opposite sides of the river.
- The various tribes around the desert are unified as the Khalifate. Magic is outlawed
- Contact between the Khalifate and Wesnoth is reestablished, trade flourishes.
- Ravanal is banished from the Khalifate for the use of magic.
1283-? YW: the Era of Strife
- Start of the great war in the Silver Lands, thus marking the beginning of the Era of Strife
For that reason, no category tags have yet been added.