From The Battle for Wesnoth Wiki
If you want to program for wesnoth, this is the page to look at.
- DeveloperResources - useful links
- Changelog - the most recent changes made to the game
- Up-to-date commit messages : http://cia.vc/stats/project/wesnoth
- HackingWesnoth - guide for programmers
- CodingStandards - for programmers
- DeveloperGuide - for those who received SVN commit rights
Tools and Packaging
- WesnothSVN - accessing the source code
- ReleasingWesnoth - steps to follow to release a new version
- WesnothPackagersGuide - guidelines for packaging Wesnoth for different platforms
I want to start coding, what can i do?
- EasyCoding - Bugs and features that are easy to implement for new coders
- NotSoEasyCoding - Bugs and features which are doable but lacking someone working on them
- Missing unit animations - what's available and what's missing
- WritingYourOwnAI - write a C++ plugin
- FormulaAI - Guide to the experimental formula AI branch
- ThemeSystem - customizing the screen layout for the game and the editor
- WesnothdDesign - Guide to the design of wesnothd, the multiplayer server.