You can access command mode by typing ' : ' in a single player or multiplayer scenario. More accurately, you need to type shift - semicolon( ; ). However this isn't possible on all keyboards; if your keyboard doesn't have ':' above ';' you can change the hotkey in the Preferences, or you could edit game.cfg by hand.'
Several vi-like commands are available in command mode. They are defined in playturn.cpp in the turn_info::do_command() function:
- :q or :q!
- quit the scenario (without prompting)
- save the game (without prompting)
- save the game and quit the scenario (without prompting)
- redraw the screen
- :droid side
- toggle player on side between human and AI players
- :kick username
- kick a user in multiplayer. They will be able to rejoin the game. Generally a friendly way to remove someone who is having connection or other difficulties.
- :ban username
- kick and ban a user in multiplayer, and the IP address used by that username
- :control side player
- change the controller for side to player
- clear chat messages
- switch debug mode on (does not work in multiplayer)
- :debug off
- switch debug mode off
- bring up theme selection menu
DebugMode enables additional commands in command mode:
- skip to next scenario by triggering a win event
- :gold amount
- add amount gold to the current player's side
- :create unit_type
- create a unit of type specified at last selected hex
- :unit attribute=value
- when a unit is selected, this will set the unit's attribute to value.
See SingleUnitWML for possible values.