You can access command mode by typing ':' in a single or multi player scenario. More accurately, you need to type shift - semicolon( ; ). However this isn't possible on all keyboards; if your keyboard doesn't have ':' above ';' you can change the hotkey in the Preferences, or you could edit game.cfg by hand.'
Several vi-like commands are available in command mode. They are defined in playturn.cpp in the turn_info::do_command() function:
- :q|| or ||:q! quit the scenario (without prompting)
- :w save the game (without prompting)
- :wq save the game and quit the scenario (without prompting)
- :refresh redraw the screen
- :droid replace the player with an AI player
- :kick kick a user in multiplayer. They will be able to rejoin the game.
Generally a friendly way to remove someone who is having connection or other difficulties.
- :ban kick and ban a user in multiplayer, and the IP address used by that username
- :control side player// change the controller for side to player
- :clear clear chat messages
- :debug switch debug mode on
- :debug off switch debug mode off
- :theme bring up theme selection menu
DebugMode enables additional commands in command mode:
- :n skip to next scenario by triggering a win event
- :gold amount// add amount gold to the current player's side
- :create unit_type create a unit of type specified at last selected hex
- :unit attribute//=//value when a unit is selected, this will set
the unit's attribute to value. See SingleUnitWML for possible values.