From The Battle for Wesnoth Wiki
Revision as of 19:23, 10 January 2011 by Paŭlo (new page: ActionWML (to bundle information from other places).)
ActionWML is a summarizing term for all WML actions which can be used in events and some other places.
Types of ActionWML
- direct actions (DirectActionsWML) which have a direct effect on gameplay
- display actions (InterfaceActionsWML) which show something to the user
- internal actions (InternalActionsWML) which are used by WML internally
- conditional actions (ConditionalActionsWML) which contain other actions, which then are executed on certain conditions
- [event] (see EventWML) which creates a new event handler
- [lua] (LuaWML) which contains Lua code to be executed, and
- all tags created from lua with wesnoth.register_wml_action (if they don't fit in one of the categories above)
Where ActionWML can be used
ActionWML can be used
- inside an [event], to define a event handler (see EventWML)
- inside a [then] or [else] of an [if] tag (see ConditionalActionsWML).
- inside a [case] or [else} of a [switch] tag (see ConditionalActionsWML).
- inside the [do] of a [while] tag (see ConditionalActionsWML).
- inside a [command] tag (in [option] or [set_menu_item] or directly as ActionWML) (see InterfaceActionsWML).
- in certain Lua-created tags (if the registered WML action handler interprets the content as ActionWML)