Xdelta for windows
[Note: this is untested and follows these forum posts, someone with knowledge please correct it] http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=87959#87959 http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=88273#88273
- Step 1: Get xdelta from here: http://evanjones.ca/software/xdelta-win32.html
- Step 2: Download the xdelta file for Wesnoth, e.g. 095to096-windows.xdelta
- Step 3: Locate your old Wesnoth installer, e.g. wesnoth-windows-0.9.5.exe.
- Step 4: Put all the 3 files mentioned so far (the wesnoth-windows-x.x.x.exe, the xdelta.exe, and the xxxtoxxx-windows.xdelta) into your temporary directory - use %TEMP%. (Type %TEMP% into the Windows Explorer address bar or in Start > Run)
- Step 5: Open a command prompt (terminal, dos shell) - hit Ctrl + R, type 'command' and hit enter.
- Step 6: Type this:
cd %TEMP% xdelta patch 095to096-windows.xdelta wesnoth-windows-0.9.5.exe wesnoth-windows-0.9.6.exe
- Step 7: Now install your new Wesnoth, the 60+ MB installer should now be in C:\temp and should be identical to the download available on SourceForge.