From The Battle for Wesnoth Wiki
The information center for all things Terrain
The central organizing page for coordinating work on terrain..
- TerrainLettersWML - A list of the letters used to represent terrain types and how to interpret them.
- TerrainCodeTableWML - Auto-generated list of current terrains with sample tile images.
- TerrainGraphicsWML - If you really need to get technical, start here.
- Terrain_Terms --Standard Definitions for Terrain Terminology
- Ayin's Terrain Graphics document - If you really, really need to get technical, this describes the terrain graphics WML system in depth. Unfortunately, the examples are in the old 1.2 format, but it's still useful.
- Tiles Tutorial - Frame's tutorial describing the process of making terrain tiles in wesnoth, and how they interact with adjacent tiles.
- How To Make Seamless Tiles - The tutorial is aimed at Photoshop users, but the technique is similar with The GIMP.
- Castle Tutorial - A description of how Wesnoth's castle tiles work (needs updating, but useful nonetheless)
- Multi-Hex Tiling Tutorial - A description of how multi-hex tiles work.
- Editing Castles - Instructions for how to make/edit castles (and other corner-based terrains) using yobbo's GIMP script.
This page was last edited on 16 April 2013, at 13:27.