- 1 Legend of the Invincibles - Deadly units (2019 versions)
- 2 Legend of the Invincibles - Deadly units (2015 to 2019 changes)
- 3 Legend of the Invincibles - Deadly units (2015 versions)
- 4 Boss killers
- 5 Lone warriors
Legend of the Invincibles - Deadly units (2019 versions)
Add your suggestions here!!!
Legend of the Invincibles - Deadly units (2015 to 2019 changes)
Assassin of Everything
The reduction is suck is the primary reason this unit is no longer so dominant. Getting more than suck 2 is pretty tough in 2019. Conviction also formerly reduced all resistances and now it only reduces elemental ones (see Frail tide for physical).
Legend of the Invincibles - Deadly units (2015 versions)
I (User:Ashes) created this wiki page to share tips and tricks for Legend of the Invincibles, and mainly to share deadly units. This campaign has a gameply so different from the standard BfW game that the usual tricks are no more relevant. The start of the campaign is good to help the beginner, but some other things can only be learned later, when playing.
Sometimes, there is a villain with hundreds of hitpoints. One possibility is to carefully organise a long fight that will kill the villain. But in practice it is more efficient to have a boss killer that will kill it in one turn.
Berserker draining dwarf
My (User:Ashes) favourite boss killer. A Dwarvish Battlerager with a Soul Eclipse axe. Unless the enemy resists drain, or the enemy is very difficult to hit, this dwarf is deadly.
I also equipped my Dwarvish Battlerager with a Mithral Armour of Wrath (wrath is very useful for berserkers) and some additional but less important items (a Deadborn cloak to suck 2 health and to have 5% chance to strike a devastating blow; boots of Lightning agility and Lucky Farmer's Amulet to reduce chances of getting hit, gauntlets of Fiery Blood to be able to choose between fire damage and blade damage, ...)
Why is he better: Full fledged berserk means a huge number of attacks - either he dies or the target dies.
Destroyer (Part II equipment)
My (User:dabber) primary solo boss killer. Destroyer with Jawbreaker as his weapon, because that provides Mayhem (target damage drops after each hit). Need AMLAs for Battle Frenzy and its upgrades to give him 30 attacks. Jawbreaker provides only suck 2, but a little bit more suck from other items combined with his natural physical resistances mean he does fine.
Other major upgrades:
- Mystic Armour of the Untouchable (suck and dodge)
- Orb of Wrath (wrath)
- Fencer's Study
- AMLAs to increase physical resistance
Why is he great:
- Impact resistance is generally lower than other resistances.
- Mayhem reduces damage coming back, and means even if the target lives, it isn't so dangerous anymore.
I'm running a Demon Lord hunting group through The Last Crusade (end of chapter 9), with two Celestial Messengers (Legacy of Kings), a Duke, a Swordmaster (for Doom and Trickery via Stormrend) and this guy. With buffs, this guy can immediately kill many Demon Lords.
Evil Healer (Lich King)
Lich King is quite a weak unit, his only advantage is that if you use Tome of liches, he can become unit with the biggest amount of weapons (mage-white mage- paladin- lich- lich king= mace, spear, sword, essence of magic, axe, staff)
- 35-6 meele, blade
- 22-4 ice wave
- 16-4 shadow wave
- 30-4 doom, meele, blade
- Books: Book of courage, Magical swordplay, How to be an overlord (hasnt finished reading yet)
- Blackened cloak, intoxicator (boots), Mask of insanity, Mystic armour of Carparitia, dark gloves of destruction, Demon core (amulet), sparkling ring
- Weapons: 2x Dominion (Mace, Essence of magic), Deathwhirl (sword), Staff of Crelanu, Corpsegrinder (spear, gives Eviscreation), Morrigans Slasher (axe, gives murderlust)
He is the one, who stands in front line, he is the most usefull healer I have. He can kill almost every unit in one round (thanks to mask of insanity), he cant be affected by temptation, he weakens strong leaders with doom attack.
Of course, he could be stronger, I was too lazy to try more unit to get Legacy of kings/ sorrow/ dark dragon, so I got just legacy of Titans. Also I dint get the Mace with Hate speech skill.
Some units are quite good when sent alone behing the enemy lines.
Juggernaut of doom
An Elvish Juggernaut, doing 57-9 melee (blade, slow, disintegrate) and 36-9 ranged (pierce, marksman, slow) or 26-6 ranged (arcane, slow, drain, focused -- useful to drain hitpoints when regenerating is not enough).
Equipped with Doombringer sword, and Stormforce bow, and protected by a Prayer armour, a Gloomy Cloak, a Gloomy Amulet, a Gloomy Ring, Mighty Gauntlets, Elusive Boots and the Dark Helm of Destruction.
A full Dark Dragon Legacy, four AMLA for bow, two AMLA for sword, five AMLA to reduce chance to be hit by 10% and a few AMLA to increase physical resistances.
Icy Dragon Rider of Wrath
A Dragon Rider mainly doing 75-4 wrath (5) melee (ice, charge, slow, horrid, backstab) or 26-6 ranged (ice, slow, cone) and defensively 39-4 melee with drain and slow.
Equipped with a Holy Sword and a Return to the Tribe spear, and protected by a Horrid Ice Armour, a Ring of Iced Veins, Slow Boots, Draingloves, a Mask of Famine, a Leechward amulet and a Cloak of the Assassin Leader.
A full Ice Dragon Legacy, a full Raging/Wrathful Combat Techniques, five AMLA to command the dragon to bite better (and to eat in the process), five AMLA to have a tougher dragon.
Assassin of Everything
dabber's deadliest lone unit.
Elvish Assassin. Legacy of Sorrow, Dark set
Melee 33-8 blade, struggle, slows, poison, suck 5
Ranged 33-11, blade, focused, mind raid, struggle, slows, poison, suck 7
No unit in my army, including Efraim and Lethalia, has anywhere near the experience of this lady. I let her solo several levels of Inferno for fun.
Dark Sword, Dark Helm, Dark Gloves, Unprecious Ring, Intoxicator boots
Other Current Equipment:
Mystic Armour of the Untouchable, Bow of Plagiarism, Gloomy Cloak, Amulet of Reason, Fencer's Study
Why is she great:
- Conviction means she does serious damage to any target.
- Focussed on ranged attacks ensures they hit, and therefore suck.
- High suck with many attacks, plus despair, slow, and struggle means she avoids or heals most any damage.
- If she ever gets hurt, she can use Distant Attack to heal.
Favorite of arobinson, the Champion's power is in the opponent missing, not in the offensive power of the unit. The idea is to make the Champion very hard to hit and then use Anger to increase the number of attacks. The more attacks the opponent has the better in this case. Because of the Champion's chance to be hit ratio, a few equipment items means that it almost cannot be hit. The unit is not all that good for spell defense, so it is not quite a loner, but it is very powerful on offense against any opponent.
There are many options for armor and weapons, but basically you want to try to (1) maximize the number of attacks and (2) decrease the chance to hit.
- Crafted "Anger" sword or "Marrowrend" (*2 attacks offense and defense, this is key)
- Helmet of Paladins (for the illumination)
- Mask of Insanity (not necessary, but good for really hard units)
- Rherraent's Helm
- Quick Gauntlets (+1 attack)
- Dark Gloves of Destruction
- Book of Courage (if not using the Helmet of Paladins)
- Dazzling Ring
- The gloomy Amulet
- Lucky Farmer's Amulet
- Amulet of the Last Guide
- Mystic Armour of the Untouchable
- Dark Sarcasm
- Redshirt Armour
- Crafted Gloombringer crossbow
- Crafted Malice crossbow
- Crafted Deathblade Inheritance crossbow
- Elusive Boots
- Slow Boots of Certainty
- Cloak of the Assassin leader
- Other crafted
- Lightning Agility
- Deflector of Light
Focus on the sword (number of attacks), then "better at defending" (up to -15% chance to be hit) and then the "better resistances when defending" advancements to improve the unit's defense against magical attacks while defending.