This page describes how the core is displayed in the "Load Core" menu, and how it works. Cores are to be defined in a file called cores.cfg in you add-ons base directory. An add-on containing only a core does not need an _main.cfg, cores are loaded prior to that by looking for cores.cfg.
Other add-ons, which rely on a specifc core, need to have it mentioned in the _server.pbl and _info.cfg.
The [core] Tag
The following keys and tags are recognized in [core] tags:
- id: the internal core identifier used to load only core specific add-ons.
- image: the icon displayed in the core selection menu
- name: (translatable) name displayed in the core selection menu
- description: (translatable) text shown in the information pane when this core is selected in the core selection menu
- rank: a number that determines the order of cores in the core selection menu. Lower rank cores appear earlier, with unranked cores at the end. The default core has rank 5.
- path: the path to the core's directory or initial config file. E.g. ~add-ons/my_core/load.cfg. This config file (or the config files in that directory) should load things similar to the file data/_main.cfg in mainline.