Compiling Wesnoth Using SuSE 10.x
This is the most simple way to compile Wesnoth. Not optimal, however, but easy. You can use copy and paste.
- Install with YaST SDL, SDL_image,SDL_mixer, SDL_net, freelibs from install CD\DVD
Note: That does not work on some computers. If you keep getting 'error: Install ... first' messages, you might prefer installing those packages from source, including the SDL main package (http://www.libsdl.org).
Note: An update to Anatoly's how-to. These instructions also work for OpenSUSE 10.2, and 10.3 with the additional requirement that 10.3 definitely required the -devel packages in additoin to the standard SDL_*. 10.2 may have needed this packages but I cannot remember for certain.
Now open console & switch to root.
There are two symlinks missing in SuSE 10.0's lib directory. Wesnoth's configure script will not run without it. - This also happens to be the case in Fedora 4 when installed using yum. Don't forget to make libSDL_net.so to!
- cd /usr/lib/
- ln -s ./libSDL_image-1.2.so.0-bla-bla-bla ./libSDL_image.so
- ln -s ./libSDL_mixer-1.2.so.0-bla-bla-bla ./libSDL_mixer.so
On SuSE 10.0, by default .rpm distributives libSDL_image and libSDL_mixers .h files were not copied to the SDL dir. Repairing this now.
- mkdir /usr/local/src/inst
- cd /usr/local/src/inst
- wget http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mixer/release/SDL_mixer-1.2.6.tar.gz
- wget http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_image/release/SDL_image-1.2.4.tar.gz
- tar -zxvf ./SDL_mixer-1.2.6.tar.gz -C /usr/local/src/inst
- tar -zxvf ./SDL_image-1.2.4.tar.gz -C /usr/local/src/inst
- cp /usr/local/src/inst/SDL_mixer-1.2.6/SDL_mixer.h /usr/include/SDL
- cp /usr/local/src/inst/SDL_image-1.2.4/SDL_image.h /usr/include/SDL
Now downloading source of Wesnoth and trying to compile.
- wget http://citkit.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/wesnoth/wesnoth-1.0.2.tar.gz
- tar -zxvf ./wesnoth-1.0.2.tar.gz -C /usr/local/src/inst
- cd /usr/local/src/inst/wesnoth-1.0.2/
- ./configure (if you work in KDE - type "./configure --with-kde" or "--with-gnome" for GNOME. If you need some more - type "./configure --help" & read. :) )
- make install
If everything's all right - remove source. (If you need this.)
- cd ~
- rm -r /usr/local/src/inst
Anatoly Zhestov AKA Svolik. svolik [dog]mail[dot]ru
"Anti-Babelfish" by backflip : backflip[at]mug[hyphen]i[hyphen]boh[dot]tk